It’s been a while since I last posted something. This time there’s gonna be a bit about home organisation. I am obviously inspired by the Obsessive Compulsive Cleaners series, which you may watch here. You can benefit a lot from watching documentaries like that, indeed! And I don’t mean boosting your self-esteem and complacency (oh, people have bigger mess than I do) only – actually, I got a few nice cleaning tricks which made me more effective and my cleaning less tiring and time consuming.
So, first things first. The thing I wanted to talk about today is the fridge. To be honest, I have never looked at my fridge as a place to organise, but when I saw these pics, I just couldn’t stop thinking of it! I started off by making some home-made fridge cleaner. I used ordinary vinegar mixed with water 1:1. It is strong enough to remove grease and even old layers of dirt (it’s an acid as you know) but it also kills all nasty smells in your fridge, leaving it virgin fresh.
Next step was to make friends with pound shops round here. I chose several baskets and containers from the offer of the only online poundshop I’m aware of. So I bought these:
and started sorting things out. Here’s my advice how to do it quickly.
- Clean your fridge. You’ll find my magic home-made cleaner formula for dummies above 🙂
- Get disposed of all past use-by-date items. Be ruthless.
- Categorise food stuff: dairy, meat, veggies, fruit, open bottles/ cans etc.
- Select proper size of containers for your needs and foods you want to put in them.
- Line the containers with baking paper (it’s easier to clean them afterwards).
- Arrange them nicely in your fridge
- VOILA! You’re there. And here’s my newly-organised fridge. You don’t want to know what it looked like before!